How do I get a waste transport licence?

Download a waste transport licence application form.

For help filling out the form, contact the Hazardous Materials Unit.
By phone: 131 555
By email:

When a licence is required

You require a licence if you will be transporting more than:

  • 200kg of Category 1 trackable waste in any load within NSW
  • 2 tonnes of tyres or 200kg of all other types of Category 2 trackable waste in any load to another state or territory from NSW or into NSW from another state or territory.

More information

Find out more about training and licensing for transporting dangerous goods