How do I get a wildlife licence application?

You can get a licence from National Parks and Wildlife Service.

For more information, contact Environment Line.
By phone: 1300 361 967
By email:

You'll need a licence for:

  • keeping native animals as pets
  • trading in native animals or plants
  • handling or keeping reptiles
  • carrying out research into protected fauna and flora
  • moving native animals across state and territory borders.

View all wildlife licence requirements