Urbis evaluated the entire set of rebates, and the Institute for Sustainable Futures analysed savings from the hot water system rebate.
Why this matters….
- 1 in 8 NSW households benefited from the program.
- Collectively, households will save more than $1 billion in energy bills as a result of replacing inefficient hot water systems and installing ceiling insulation.
- Over their lifetime, the installation of rainwater tanks, washing machines and dual flush toilets will save the equivalent of 43,000 Olympic swimming pools or one-fifth of Sydney Harbour.
- Nine out of 10 recipients said the rebate had a positive effect on household behaviour.
- More than 155,000 households received a rebate to replace electric-storage hot-water systems. The replacement hot-water systems all generated net electricity savings.
Evaluation of the NSW Home Saver Rebate Program – Evaluation Report (PDF 3.5MB)
Report by Urbis Pty Ltd
Quantative Analysis of Electricity Savings from the Home Saver Rebates Program – Final Report (PDF 1.9MB) - Hot water system replacements
Report by the Institute for Sustainable Futures