When it’s smoky, everyone should:
- Follow your doctor’s advice about medicines and your asthma management plan if you have one. Keep your medication close at hand. Consult your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Reduce or avoid vigorous outdoor activity see the activity guide
- Spend more time indoors. Keep doors and windows shut to keep the smoke out. Open windows and doors whenever the smoke clears.
- Spend time in air conditioned venues like cinemas, libraries and shopping centres.
- Avoid indoor sources of air pollution like cigarettes, candles and incense sticks.
Anyone with persistent symptoms should seek medical advice or call Health Direct Australia on1800 022 222.