- Bushfire emergency monitoring is being undertaken at the following locations:
- Air quality across NSW may be affected by extensive smoke from bushfires, in particular, the mid-North Coast, Northern Rivers and Northern Tablelands regions. For more information on:
- Visibility (Vis or NEPH) is a good indicator for smoke. If the Visibility AQI is “Poor” or worse, then there is likely to be significant smoke outside. If Visibility is “Fair” (yellow), there could be some impact due to smoke. While visibility is also affected by dust, the instrument is more sensitive to smoke.
- Health message: find out what the AQI colours mean for your activity.
- Find the concentration units we report in.
An air quality forecast for the Sydney Metropolitan Region is made at 4pm every day.