- Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016
- Biodiversity Conservation Regulation 2017
- NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) Order 2017
- BAM Order 2020
BAM operational manuals
- BAM 2020 Operational Manual – Stage 1
- BAM 2020 Operational Manual – Stage 2
- BAM 2020 Operational Manual – Stage 3
- Streamlined assessment module planted native vegetation
Biodiversity Assessment Report (BAR) Templates
- Guidance for the Biodiversity Development Assessment Report Template
- Biodiversity Development Assessment Report Template (DOCX 772KB)
- Biodiversity Certification Assessment Report template
Data, information, tools and forms
- Information about the Biodiversity Offsets and Agreement Management System (BOAMS)
- Log into the NSW Biodiversity Accredited Assessor System (BAAS)
- Access the standalone Biodiversity Offset Payment Calculator (BOP-C)
- BAM Calculator User Guide
- Access the High Threat Weeds (also available from the NSW BioNet resources page, under BioNet Species Names – Power queries)
- Access the Native Species by Growth Form list (also available from the front of the BAM-C) (XLS 2.8MB)
- Information on NSW BioNet
- Log into BioNet Atlas database
- Log into BioNet Vegetation Classification (Veg C) database
- Access BioNet quick guides, manuals, and datasheets
- Access the archived BioMetric and Threatened Species Profiles datasets (Biobanking data)
- Access the Spot Price Index for Biobanking credit trades
- Access the Methodology Note – Biodiversity Offsets Payment Calculator – BTD (BAM credits, offset trading groups and discount rate)
- Find out how to apply for an assessment of reasonable equivalence for BioBanking credits or a BioBanking credit obligation
- Information about the total fund deposit and calculator
- Access the Vegetation Condition Benchmarks
- To transfer BOS credits use the Application to transfer biodiversity offsets scheme credits
- To retire BOS credits from the market, use the Application to retire BOS biodiversity credits
- Resources for Biodiversity Stewardship Agreements (BSA)
- Threatened reptiles – Biodiversity Assessment Method survey guide
- Koala (Phascolarctos cinereus): Biodiversity Assessment Method Survey Guide
- Surveying threatened plants and their habitats: NSW survey guide for the Biodiversity Assessment Method
- Flora Species with Specific Survey Requirements (also available from the front of the BAM-C) (XLS 2.5MB)
- 'Species credit' threatened bats and their habitats
- NSW Survey Guide for Threatened Frogs
- 2004 Threatened Biodiversity Survey and Assessment: Guidelines for Developments and Activities (Working Draft)
- Guideline for applying Biodiversity Assessment Method at severely burnt sites: Biodiversity Development Assessment Report/Biodiversity Certification Assessment Report
- Guide for mapping threatened species for inclusion in the NSW regulatory framework
- Determining native vegetation land categorisation for application in the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme
- Guidance for assessors and decision makers in applying modified benchmarks to assessments of vegetation integrity: Biodiversity Assessment Method
- Manageable high threat weeds – improving gain on offset sites: Biodiversity Assessment Method Practice Note
- Offset rules and ecosystem credits
Biodiversity Offsets Scheme updates
The department periodically sends email updates to accredited assessors. The content of those updates is available below.
Note: We regularly update support tools and documents, so some of the information in the bulletins may have been superseded. Please ensure you check the most recent information.
From January 2022, the Accredited Assessor (AA) and Local Government (LG) updates have merged into one overarching newsletter: the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme Updates (BOS Updates). The BOS Updates provide accredited assessors and local government with shared information that is consistent and up to date with the latest improvements and advice on the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (the Scheme). We aim to improve how we communicate with our partners to help support the delivery of the Scheme. Your feedback on how we can improve is encouraged. Please submit your feedback with our Your feedback: BOS Updates Newsletter form (3 minutes).
If you would like to update your details, be added to our BOS Updates distribution list or forward this to a colleague, please sign up to our monthly BOS Update newsletters. A list of all our previous AA and LG updates can be viewed on Accredited Assessor Updates and Local Government Updates.
Most recent update
Biodiversity Assessment Method updates
- Important: Swift parrot and regent honeyeater important habitat maps updated and available from 27 September 2023
- Biodiversity Values Map version 16 update.
Accredited assessor updates
- Two new user guides for the Biodiversity Offset and Agreement Management System (BOAMS)
- Update to the serious and irreversible impacts (SAII) list.
BCF Charge System updates
- BCF Charge System transitional price cap rule expires midnight 16 October 2023
- Proponents with an existing BCF Charge Quote for capped-price credits
- Proponents seeking a BCF Charge Quote
- Summary of key dates.
General scheme update
- Reminder: Submit applications for scheme credit transfers and retirements as soon as possible.