The department periodically sends email updates to accredited assessors. The content of those updates is available below.
Note: We regularly update support tools and documents, so some of the information in the bulletins may have been superseded. Please ensure you check the most recent information.
From January 2022, the Accredited Assessor (AA) and Local Government (LG) updates have merged into one overarching newsletter; the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme Updates (BOS Updates). The BOS Updates provide accredited assessors, and local government shared information that is consistent and up to date with the latest improvements and advice on the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (the Scheme). We aim to improve how we communicate with our partners to help support the delivery of the Scheme. Your feedback on how we can improve is encouraged. Please submit your feedback with our Your feedback: BOS Updates Newsletter form (3 minutes).
If you would like to update your details, be added to our BOS Updates distribution list, or forward this to a colleague, please sign up to our monthly BOS Update newsletters. A list of all our previous AA and LG updates can be viewed on Accredited Assessor Updates and Local Government Updates.
BOS Update No.12 – 31 January 2023 (PDF 167KB)
- Fast-tracking the supply of biodiversity credits
- New Practice Note: Offset rules and ecosystem credits
- High volume of scheme credit transfer and retirement applications
- BCF Charge System Price Estimation Service to commence shortly
- Upcoming Webinars
- Transitional arrangements for revised PCTs and Version 1.2 benchmarks
- Improving delivery of Biodiversity Stewardship Agreements
- Updated Guidance for local government
- Updated scheme credit retirement form published
- Update to BAM-C – Version 1.2 benchmarks
- IPART Terms of Reference finalised
- Release notes: Deployment of V1.2 Benchmarks in the BAM C (PDF 792KB)