The resources on this page are intended to help landholders and developers understand how credits are traded, whether there is demand for and supply of credits, and how to price credits.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and clarity of the information provided. However, you should exercise judgment when using this information and consider obtaining expert advice.
Biodiversity credits and trading
- What are biodiversity credits?
- Credit obligations
- Offset trading groups
- Offset rules
- Plant Community Types look up tool
Credit buyers can include private development proponents or philanthropic buyers, and Government agencies.
There are several sources of information about current and potential future demand for biodiversity credits. These include:
Credits currently in demand:
- Credits Supply Taskforce (CST) credits in demand information
- CST reverse auctions
- Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT) credits wanted list and tenders
- Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (BOS) credit demand register
Credits that may be wanted in the future:
There are several sources of information about current and potential supply of biodiversity credits. These include:
- BOS credit supply register
- BioBanking public registers
- BOS public registers
- Offset Trading Group maps
Find buyers and sellers of credits
There are many ways to find buyers and sellers of credits.
- Use the BOS credit supply register or BOS credit demand register to find potential buyers or sellers of credits.
- Offer to sell your credits to the CST or the BCT.
- Offer to buy credits from the CST.
- Negotiate directly with development proponents or landholders.
Estimate credit prices
Ultimately, it is up to buyers and sellers of credits to agree on a fair price. A range of information is available to help landholders and developers estimate the fair price of credits.
- Biodiversity credits market sales dashboard
- BOS credit transactions register
- BCT price estimation service
- Biobanking credit sales dashboard
- Bidoversity Conservation Fund charge system pricing data
- Biodiversity credit pricing guide