The BioBanking Credits Sales Dashboard (BBAM Credits Sales Dashboard), which was formerly known as the Spot Market Price Index (BBAM SPI), presents:
- a market overview
- latest prices for ecosystem credits and species credits
- number/status of BioBanking agreements.
You are now able to search for ecosystem credits listed in the BBAM Credits Sales Dashboard by BioMetric Vegetation Type ID (BVT ID), the corresponding Plant Community Type ID (PCTID), or the relevant Offset Trading Group (OTG).
The BBAM Credits Sales Dashboard can be used to support:
- considering the feasibility of a Biodiversity Stewardship Agreement
- business planning for developments
- costing or pricing biodiversity credits.
The BioBanking Scheme was replaced by the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (BOS) under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act) which commenced on 25 August 2017. Unsold biodiversity credits generated through a BioBanking agreement under the repealed Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 remain valid under the BC Act.
See BioBanking to find out more about the BioBanking Scheme and existing BioBanking agreements.
For further information, please contact:
- BOS.email@example.com for BOS questions
- OEH.SPDEnvironmentalMarkets@environment.nsw.gov.au for technical questions on the BBAM Credit Sales Dashboard.
Credit sales prices are in accordance with the BioBanking public registers. The prices reflect historical data and may not be indicative of current or future market prices. Market participants should seek independent advice and use sound judgement in interpreting the data and its application to valuing credits. The Department aims to provide information current according to published date.