Buying and retiring biodiversity credits can offset a biodiversity obligation applying to a development or vegetation clearing.
Offset obligations and credits trading
The Biodiversity Offset Scheme creates a biodiversity credits market, providing incentives to protect biodiversity values for future generations.
Find out more:
- Generating offsets obligations
- Offset rules
- Credit trading - buying, selling and retiring BOS credits
- Payment to the Biodiversity Conservation Fund
- Total Fund Deposit
- Spot Market Price Index
- Applying for an assessment of reasonable equivalence if you have BioBanking obligations or credits
- Public Registers
- Generating credits and protecting land