By applying to rehome wild horses from NPWS, I certify that:
- The information I have supplied is accurate, true and correct.
- I am over 18 years of age.
- I have read and understood the Rehoming Guidelines and agree to comply.
- Animals may be available in multiple lots, requiring pick up on multiple days, in close succession.
- The animals (and if pregnant, its offspring) become my possession and responsibility once loaded onto my nominated transport at the NPWS holding yards or other specified location.
- Unless specifically advised by National Parks and Wildlife Service, the animals have received no health treatments. As such, their parasitic burden and disease status cannot be ascertained.
- My nominated trailer, crate or truck used to transport the animals from the NPWS holding yards or other specified location will be inspected by NPWS staff. Loading may be refused if NPWS staff deem the transport vehicle unsafe to the animals or does not meet basic requirements as specified in the Rehoming Guidelines.
I agree to:
- Accept all animals selected by National Parks and Wildlife Service, regardless of whether they meet my specific preference.
- Provide appropriate facilities that meet the specified requirements and will provide adequate feed and water.
- Accept all liability associated with the animals.
- Not knowingly sell or transfer the animals to any person or organisation that intends to slaughter or process the animals for meat or by-products or provide to a rodeo or similar establishment.
- Permit access to NPWS staff or its representatives (e.g. veterinarian) to conduct compliance inspections of the property where the animals will be/are held.
I have completed all questions and supplied the following required documents with my application: