Terms and conditions
This page sets out the terms and conditions of participation in the Department of Planning Industry and Environment's Community Wildlife Survey competition.
- The promoter of the competition is the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (the promoter) (ABN 20 770 707 468), Locked Bag 5502, Parramatta NSW 2124.
- Entry is restricted to individuals who:
- are residents of Australia aged 18 years old or over
- who complete the 2021 Community Wildlife Survey in its entirety on the Department's website and did not participate in the 2019 Community Wildlife Survey
- have supplied a valid email address for the abovementioned survey, (each, an entrant).
- Employees and their immediate families of the promoter are ineligible to enter the competition.
- Companies or organisations ineligible to enter the competition.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these terms and conditions. By entering this competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these terms and conditions. All relevant instructions on the promoter's website form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry into this competition is free.
- The competition commences at 9.00am AEDT on Monday 22 March 2021 and closes at 5.00pm AEST on Friday 28 May 2021.
- Any entry received after the expiry of the competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
How to enter
- To enter, an eligible entrant must, during the competition period:
- visit the Department's website at Community Wildlife Survey
- validly submit the survey.
- Only one entry is permitted per eligible entrant.
- The Department reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any individual whom the Department believes has either tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the competition database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid.
Draw and prizes
- This is a game of chance. The prizes will be drawn using a computerised draw system.
- The draw will take place at 10.00am AEST on 28 May 2021. The winners will be notified via email with instructions about how they can claim their prize.
- The first 10 valid entries drawn will each win 1x NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) Annual Multi Park Prize Parks Pass for 1-year (valued at $65.00 AUD each). Terms and conditions on the prize can be viewed on the NPWS site.
- The Department will take all reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results of the draws.
- The Department's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize must be redeemed before 5.00pm AEST on 30 July 2021.
- The prize will be sent via standard post or email according to the details provided by the winners.
- By entering the competition, each entrant warrants that all details provided with the entry are true and accurate.
- The total prize pool is $650.00 AUD.
- The prize must be taken as supplied and is not redeemable for cash. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the prize. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST, and are correct at the time of printing.
- Vouchers are not replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, photocopied or altered in any way, other than as permitted under the conditions of use.
- The prize is subject to the NPWS Annual Passes Conditions of Use.
- If the Department is unable to supply the nominated prize, the Department reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any regulatory authority, to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
- All entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur when entering the competition, and using any prize, and will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
- Any attempt to resell or auction a prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize.
- By entering this competition, all entrants are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
- Your entry is voluntary and you consent to the Department using your information (including your name), to include the entrant in the promotion and, where appropriate, award prizes.
- You also consent to the Department using your information (including your name), for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Department in any media without notice and without any fee paid to you. Prize winners also, by claiming a prize, consent to the Department using their name and likeness for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, and consent to the results of the competition being published on the Department's Facebook page and other promotional channels.
- You also consent to the storage and disposal of your personal information in compliance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (PPIPA), State Records Act 1998 (NSW) and in accordance with the Department's Privacy Management Plan (PDF 199KB) and Code of Ethics and Conduct Policy (PDF 337KB).
- To the full extent permitted by the law, all entrants release from, and indemnify the Department from all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. The Department and associated agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the competition.
- It is the responsibility of a winner to follow the instructions provided to redeem their prize. The prize will be forfeited by a winner in the event that the winner does not redeem the prize by 5.00pm AEST on 30 July 2021. Neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of any forfeited prize.
- If required, an unclaimed prize draw may take place at 10.00am AEST on the 4 August 2021 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, where necessary.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or the information on a website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Department reserves the right to take whatever action it considers necessary against any person who is party to the said conduct.
- The Department reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any regulatory authority, where necessary, to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Department, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Department is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Department assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- Subject to the written directions of any regulatory authority, where necessary, the Department reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition terms and conditions as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any other promotional channels.