The Fund has several key programs including:
Delivering energy savings and reducing emissions
The NSW Government is providing energy bill relief for households and businesses through programs to promote energy efficiency.
We are helping improve energy efficiency through:
- $49.9 million for energy saving upgrades for social housing clients and discounts to replace inefficient fridges and TVs for concession card holders
- $5.1 million for discounts on high efficiency fixed appliances
- $13.8 million for discounts for small businesses to upgrade to energy saving equipment
- $5.1 million for training for small businesses to save energy and money
- $3.5 million for more efficient homes for low income tenants
- $15.4 million for energy savings for energy intensive manufacturers
- $12.5 million for more efficient street lighting
- $10.2 million to support new energy efficiency standards for appliances, buildings and infrastructure
- $52.1 million for the Net Zero Plan programs.
Programs and support can be accessed at the Energy saver website.
Delivering reliable, clean and affordable energy
The NSW Government is providing funding for programs that will help households, businesses and communities benefit from clean energy as NSW transitions to a modern and secure energy system.
We are helping to promote reliable, clean and affordable energy supply through:
- $18.3 million for empowering homes solar battery loan offer program
- $8.6 million for smart energy storage for key government buildings
- $55 million towards the NSW Government's $75 million emerging generation fund
- $30 million for regional community energy projects
- $15 million for rooftop solar systems for eligible low-income households
- $44 million NSW Electricity Strategy (Renewable Energy Zones in regional New South Wales)
- $56.6 million to support national energy regulation
- $8.2 million for a demand response trial in partnership with the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA).
For more information, please visit the Energy NSW Clean Energy Initiatives webpage.
Increasing resilience to a changing climate
The NSW Government is providing funding to improve resilience and help communities prepare for the impacts of climate change.
We are helping make our communities more resilient through:
- $4 million for tree planting projects to reduce carbon emissions and provide a new home for native wildlife
- $37.5 million towards the Five Million Trees initiative
- $244 million for private land conservation through the Biodiversity Conservation Trust
- $79 million for the Enhanced Bushfire Management Program
- $39.5 million for coastal risk management
- $52.5 million to support the Hawkesbury-Nepean Flood Risk Management Strategy
- $28.7 million to help households, businesses and councils reduce their exposure to natural hazards and climate risks (see AdaptNSW)
- $29.2 million for a primary industries climate change research strategy
- $49.9 million for the NSW Cooler Classrooms Program
- $3 million for the Tweed Shire Council Industrial Land Flood Mitigation Strategy
- $2 million for the NSW Koala Strategy research programs
- $372.7 million for ongoing adaptation and sustainability programs to improve our use of water, energy and land.