Managing heritage grants
The NSW Heritage Grants Program provides funding to owners, custodians, managers, communities and local government to assist with looking after heritage items.
- Permission to use photographs or images (DOC 142KB)
- Permission to use written text (DOC 141KB)
- Photo Monitoring Guide
- Photo Monitoring Template (DOC 80KB)
- Local Government Heritage Places - final financial report template (DOCX 88KB)
- For all Office of Environment and Heritage logos
- Heritage Council logo small JPG, large JPG. Right-click on the link as select 'Save target as' to your computer.
How to establish a local heritage fund (PDF 142KB) is a guideline to assist councils and the following templates have been developed for use with this guideline:
- Statutory Declaration – Local heritage places – Complete for grant acquittal (DOC 31KB)
- Example block advertisement (PDF 27KB)
- Local heritage fund guidelines template (DOC 171KB)
- Local heritage fund project application form for applicants (DOC 188KB)
- Project agreement acceptance form for applicants (DOC 137KB)
- Assessment form template for councils (DOC 199KB)
- Local heritage fund project funding offer – letter (DOC 34KB)
- Funding agreement (DOC 140KB)
- Standard conditions applying to local heritage fund projects (DOC 163KB)
- Local heritage fund project signage template (DOC 248KB)
- Local heritage fund - project compliance certification form for certifiers (DOC 156KB)
- Local heritage fund project questionnaire for applicants (DOC 171KB)
How to establish a heritage advisor service (143KB) will assist councils in establishing and running a heritage advisory service.
- Statutory Declaration – Local Government Heritage Advisors – Complete for grant acquittal (DOC 27KB)
As a condition of heritage advisor funding, councils must prepare or update a heritage strategy to guide heritage management in their area. Recommendations for local government on heritage management (PDF 163KB) will assist councils to prepare their heritage strategy for 2014-17.
A selection of 2011-14 heritage strategies prepared for regional NSW councils are:
Councils must prepare an annual report on the implementation of their heritage strategy, using the updated template, at the end of each financial year.
The Heritage Branch has prepared summary heritage strategy annual reports for the following years from data collated from local councils participating in the heritage advisor program:
The following documents and templates will assist councils to prepare heritage planning studies:
- Community based heritage studies guidelines (PDF 1.3MB)
- Statutory Declaration – Local Government planning studies – Complete for grant acquittal (DOC 28KB)
- Heritage Development Control Plan Study model consultant's brief (PDF 95KB)
Examples of good heritage development control plan studies:
- Greater Taree (PDF 2MB)
- Archaeological Management Plan model consultant's brief (DOC 112KB)
- Heritage Main Street Study guidelines (PDF 137KB)
Note: This information is provided for projects that have been approved for funding and have received and accepted a funding contract.