With renovations completed on Bonnyview (the Gardener's Cottage) and the Repatriation Ward (Building 497), these buildings are ready to be activated and adapted for community uses that complement the parkland.
Not just anyone can apply, though, as the buildings can only be used for health, education or community (not-for-profit) purposes in accordance with the provisions of the Callan Park (Special Provisions) Act 2002.
We know the community is interested in what happens to these buildings and how they can be activated for community use. Last year we asked the community what uses and activities it would want to see in the Parklands. You can download the report, but essentially what we heard was:
- the community values Callan Park
- people want to see buildings brought to life
- heritage conservation of buildings is important
- people would like more opportunities to come together
- people want increased amenities
- Callan Park must be green and open to all.