This precinct is the main entry point to the Valley of the Waters track and Empress canyon. The upgrade project will improve visitor facilities, through changes to the car park, amenities and viewing platform.
We aim to:
- redesign and resurface the existing car park to increase the number of parking spaces
- construct accessible parking with access to amenities, Conservation Hut cafe and new viewing deck
- replace the existing toilet block with new amenities, an accessible toilet and change room facilities (for canyoners)
- install a viewing deck for all to enjoy the view to Mount Solitary and the Jamison Valley
- upgrade the picnic facilities and pathways.
The construction started in May and is now due to finish by November 2022. The Fletcher Street turnaround, toilets, car park and lookout area, are closed during the construction work. Safe access to walking tracks is provided to open tracks. All closures are available on the park alerts and closures webpage for Blue Mountains National Park.