Through this project, new and existing visitors with a broad range of ages and abilities will be able to experience nature and enjoy this spectacular lookout.
We aim to:
- redesign and resurface of the carpark to maximise spaces and provide for minibus parking and turn around
- improve lookout safety with new handrails
- construct accessible parking and pathways for wheelchair access to amenities and lookout
- replace existing toilet with new accessible facilities
- realign tracks and rehabilitate obsolete tracks.
Construction started in May and is now due to finish in November 2022. The site is closed during the construction work. However, access is available to the Grand Canyon and Cliff Top walking tracks during construction. All closures will be notified on parks alerts and closures for Blue Mountains National Park.