Crackneck Lookout is undergoing an upgrade to improve visitor enjoyment, access and safety. The upgrade project is estimated to be completed by June 2023.
What does the project involve?
This upgrade project will enhance the overall visitor experience at Crackneck Lookout by improving the landscape design and universal access to the ocean views, creating a safer car park and fixing the site's water drainage issues.
The upgrade actions include:
- redesign of the car park, including new surface, increased capacity and designated mini bus and disability parking spaces
- improved universal access to viewpoints, picnic tables and general area
- better pedestrian links between the car park, picnic area and The Coast walking track
- improved drainage and erosion management
- installation of new park interpretive signage focusing on whales and whale watching information.