Crackneck Lookout is undergoing an upgrade to improve visitor enjoyment, access and safety. The upgrade project is estimated to be completed by the end of 2022 or early 2023.
What does the project involve?
This upgrade project will improve the overall visitor experience at Crackneck Lookout by providing universal access to the ocean views, landscaping that provides improved seating and picnic facilities, improving car parking capacity, reducing vehicle congestion and resolving drainage issues.
The upgrade actions include:
- improved access to viewpoints and picnic tables
- provision of dedicated disability parking spaces, a 22-seater minibus parking and pedestrian pathways
- better pedestrian links between the car park, picnic area and the Coast walking track
- installing pedestrian fencing to improve the safety of visitor access from minor entries such as Rickard Street to the day use area
- improved drainage and erosion management
- installing interpretive signs to give visitors more local information on whales and whale watching and other important park values of Wyrrabalong National Park.