Public exhibition of the draft horse riding management plan provides an important opportunity for members of the community to have a say in the future management of horse riding in south east Wollemi National Park.
What is a horse riding management plan?
The Wollemi National Park Plan of Management requires the preparation and public exhibition of a horse riding management plan to identify authorised horse riding routes in the south-east of the park and determine their future management.
The plan identifies proposed authorised horse riding routes in the park adjacent to the localities of Mountain Lagoon, Upper Colo, Wheeny Creek, Blaxlands Ridge Road and Kurrajong, and details conditions for horse riding.
When will the draft plan be finalised?
At the end of the public exhibition period, National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will review all submissions, prepare a submissions report and make any necessary changes to the plan. The Blue Mountains Regional Advisory Committee will then review the plan along with the submissions and report.
Once their input has been considered and any further changes made to the plan, we provide the plan to the NPWS Deputy Secretary. The plan is finalised when the Deputy Secretary formally endorses it, and we will publish it on the Department's website.
How can I get more information about the draft plan?
For further information on the draft horse riding management plan, please email the NPWS Park Management Planning Team on email@example.com
Where can I see a printed copy of the proposed amendment to the plan?
Hard copies are available for viewing at the following locations:
- NPWS Hawkesbury-Nattai Area, Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond – by appointment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawkesbury City Council, 366 George Street, Windsor (Admin building open 9.00am to 4.00pm weekdays)
- NPWS Glenbrook, end Bruce Road, Glenbrook - by appointment via email to: email@example.com
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, end Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath (9.00am to 4.30pm daily)
How can I comment on the draft plan?
Have your say
Public exhibition is from 18 December 2020 to 14 March 2021.
You can provide your written submission in any of the following ways:
- Post your written submission to:
Manager Planning Evaluation and Assessment
Locked Bag 5022
Parramatta NSW 2124
- Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a submission online by using the online form below.