The National Parks and Wildlife Service is seeking public comments on a proposal to grant a lease to Place Management NSW for Cadmans Cottage Historic Site (Lot 11 DP1163801), The Rocks. Place Management NSW is the NSW Government owner and manager of the neighbouring heritage buildings at The Rocks.
Opportunities to comment closed 4 January 2023.
Pursuant to Section 151 of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, the Minister administering the National Parks and Wildlife Act proposes to grant Place Management NSW ABN: 51 437 725 177 (PMNSW) a lease to use Cadmans Cottage Historic Site for the purposes of:
- heritage interpretation
- provision of tourist information for the lessee and lessor
- use as a museum
- use as an Aboriginal cultural centre
- provision of food and beverage facilities and amenities for visitors and tourists
- event activation
- provision of facilities to enable the hosting of conferences or functions ancillary to facilities and amenities for visitors and tourists in accordance with all applicable building codes, safety regulations and laws
- any purpose that enables the adaptive reuse of an existing building or structure or the use of a modified natural area as mutually agreed between the parties in writing.
The proposed term of the lease is 99 years.