The Snowy Advisory Committee (SAC) provides vital community and expert input and advises the Water Administration Ministerial Corporation on the timing and pattern for the release of water for environmental purposes to the Snowy River and Snowy montane rivers (including the upper Murrumbidgee River) to ensure their ongoing health to meet the Snowy water licence requirements.
The NSW Department of Planning and Environment sought nominations from people to contribute their local knowledge, skills and relevant experience to advise the use of water for the environment for the Snowy and montane rivers. Snowy Advisory Committee members will actively participate in providing information, analysis and recommendations from their vantage point in the local community or representing a stakeholder group, and assisting environmental water managers with developing environmental flow regimes and annual watering plans.
Specific skills and knowledge sought include:
- Indigenous knowledge of the Snowy River and Montane Streams (including the upper Murrumbidgee)
- water management
- local knowledge of the Snowy River and Montane Streams (including the upper Murrumbidgee)
- related community interests
- knowledge of New South Wales and Snowy Scheme water management framework
- environmental knowledge of the Snowy River and Montane Streams (including the upper Murrumbidgee).
Appointment of the Snowy Advisory Committee members will be for up to 3 years. Members will be remunerated and reimbursed eligible expenses in accordance with Public Service Commission guidelines.
Applications closed Sunday, 27 March 2022.
The department is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and Ethical Work Practices and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.