About us

About us

Requesting a review or lodging a complaint with OEH

What you must do

To lodge a complaint about how OEH has handled personal information held about you, you must:

What it will cost to lodge a complaint

There is no cost to lodge a complaint or request an internal review under NSW privacy legislation.

What OEH will do

A senior OEH officer will look into the matter, or we will ask the Privacy Commissioner to conduct a review on OEH's behalf. The review will be completed within 60 days.

OEH will then decide how to address your complaint. It may:

  • take no further action
  • formally apologise to you
  • promise that the conduct will not happen again
  • take appropriate action to fix up the problem
  • take steps to prevent any more problems of this kind.

OEH will notify you about:

  • the findings of the review
  • the reasons for our finding
  • any action we propose to take
  • the reasons for our proposed action
  • your right to have the findings, and the reasons for the findings, reviewed by the Administrative Decisions Tribunal.

Lodging a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner

The Office of the Privacy Commissioner is part of the Information and Privacy Commission. To find out more about lodging a complaint, visit the Information and Privacy Commission website.

Page last updated: 20 January 2016