NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service offers programs for students from primary and secondary schools and in some regions, TAFE colleges and universities.
Students explore and investigate the environment and special sites in national parks and reserves led by rangers and guides. In some locations Aboriginal Discovery rangers and local community members spend time with the sutdents to share their knowledge, culture and heritage.
The activities are linked to the curriculum for all stages.
Visit us or we can visit you
Some regions will provide activities at your school.
Teachers' kits and student resources
There are kits for teachers available with lessons, activities and resources.
International study tours
Have a True Blue Mountains National Park experience with people who know best. A ranger guided walk in Blue Mountains National Park gives inbound students a hands-on experience learning about the ecosystems, flora and fauna of Blue Mountains National Park, the threats, impacts and natural values associated with the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
Find by park:
Find by region:
- At 3.30pm each day, watch the pelicans being fed at The Entrance.
- A network of walking tracks allows you to explore the varied and dramatic environment of Wyrrabalong National Park.
Eurobodalla and Sapphire Coast
Upper North Coast
Illawarra, Shoalhaven & Southern highlands
New England Tablelands
Newcastle and Hunter
- Stay in Singleton, gateway to Yengo, Mt Royal and Wollemi national parks.
- Follow the Farm Gate Trail to experience the best in local produce.
- Take the scenic drive through the sub-alpine forests of Kaputar plateau, or climb Mount Kaputar.
- Visit the Sculptures in the Scrub in Timallallie National Park and explore the rugged Dandry Gorge.
- Cameron Corner in Sturt National Park is where NSW, Qld and SA meet.
- Visit the White Cliffs opal fields – a town where many people, including visitors, live underground.
- Go on a horse-riding trek through Man From Snowy River country.
- Enjoy the view from the Koscuiszko Express Chairlift from Thredbo village.
- The new River Red Gums parks in the Riverina are part of the world's largest red gum protected area.
- In Weddin Mountains National Park, visit Ben Hall's Cave, the notorious bushranger's rumoured hideout.