Green Cape Lightstation Keeper's Cottages (3 bedrooms, up to 8 people)
Wheelchair access: hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty. Cottage 3 is a self-contained cottage with wheelchair access.
Enjoy an unforgettable weekend getaway at Green Cape Lightstation Keeper's Cottages in Ben Boyd National Park.
Perched on the edge of a peninsula, there are three beautifully-restored keepers' cottages available, each offering 3.5-star heritage accommodation with open fireplaces and charming nautical decor.
Along with a fully-equipped kitchen and dining and lounge rooms, each cottage offers a comfortable verandah, ideal for enjoying the sea air and whale watching. You can take a guided tour of the lightstation and walk part of Light to Light walk.
You’ll find a paved path to the lookout at the tip of Green Cape. Stop to look for whales making their annual migration during whale watching season, and for breathtaking views across Disaster Bay, the site of many shipwrecks. And keep an eye out for bandicoots, they’re often seen nearby.
Things to do: Experience the peaceful, misty mornings and relentless pounding seas from the comfortable isolation of the lightstation. Use it as a base to enjoy and explore the area in and around Ben Boyd National Park, returning to the cosy cottages and a warm fire during the winter months. The coastal walking track is nearby, along with beaches and great spots to fish. Whales can be seen on their migratory route between late May and December, along with seals and a number of seabirds. A free tour of the lightstation is also available to guests.
Audio tour: you can download an audio tour of the Light to Light Walk to your mp3 player or phone. Section 3 provides information about Green Cape Lightstation and the surrounding area.
Activities: walking, fishing, whale watching
shown on Boyds Tower to Green Cape map
Getting there: Green Cape Lighthouse is in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and follow it for 6km
- Turn right onto Green Cape Road and follow it for 21km
Road access: Unsealed road/trail - 2WD vehicles. Dry weather only.
Vehicle entry fee: $7 per vehicle per day. Please note vehicle entrance fees are not included in your accommodation or camping fees. Self-registration envelopes are available at the public carpark at Green Cape. Alternatively, purchase at the local office or buy an annual pass.
- Peak: 1 September to 30 April
- Off peak: 1 May to 31 August
- Cottages 1 and 2 (peak): $280 per night for 2 people. Each adiditional person is $50 per person per night (maximum of 3 extra people).
- Cottages 1 and 2 (off-peak): $250 per night for 2 people. Each additional person is $50 per person per night (maximum of 3 extra people).
- Cottage 3 (peak): $415 per night. All occupants included in price.
- Cottage 3 (off-peak): $375 per night. All occupants included in price.
- Cottage 3 additional Queen bedroom: $50 per person per night.
- Special: Book for 6 nights and get the 7th night free
Other fees: Booking fee: All reservations incur a booking fee of 2.5% in addition to the total amount payable.
Online bookings: use a secure payment facility to book online
Alternatively, please contact the National Parks Conact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757) to make a booking.
Merimbula, Phone: 02 6495 5000