Resources in the Floodplain Risk Management Guidelines complement the Floodplain Development Manual and provide extra support to councils when they are creating and carrying out floodplain risk management plans.
The series includes guidelines on many aspects of managing floodplain risk, and associated templates and spreadsheets.
For more information on technical issues, contact your local OEH office or the Environment Line on 131 555.
Understanding flood behaviour
- Modelling reports and supporting information (including model files) for review (PDF 199KB)
- Guideline on modelling the interaction of catchment flooding and oceanic inundation in coastal waterways (PDF 772KB)
- Floodway definition (PDF 200KB)
- Practical consideration of climate change (PDF 304KB)
Assessing flood damage
- Residential flood damage (PDF 287KB)
Other flood management concerns
- Temporary or relocatable flood barriers (PDF 184KB)
- Rainwater tanks: limitations as floodplain risk management devices (PDF 361KB)
- Drainage behind and through levees (PDF 176KB)
Supporting emergency management
- Flood emergency response planning classification of communities (PDF 223KB)
- SES requirements from the floodplain risk management process (PDF 789KB)