Public registers that list information about threatened species habitat and actions that involve or impact threatened species are required by the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
The registers are:
- Register of declared areas of outstanding biodiversity value – contains maps and information on habitat critical to the survival of specific threatened species.
- Register of threatened species licences – provides details about licences granted for actions that may impact threatened species.
- Register of biodiversity certifications – provides details on the areas subject to Biodiversity Certification.
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2011–August 2017)
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2009–2010)
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2005–2008)
- BioBanking public register – contains details of agreements established and transactions involved in ‘banking’ biodiversity offsets and credits.