Amendments to the Plan of Management for Tweed Caldera National Parks and Nature Reserves
Relevant to Nightcap National Park
The Tweed Caldera National Parks and Nature Reserves encompasses Wollumbin (formerly Mount Warning), Border Ranges, Mebbin, Nightcap, Goonengerry and Mount Jerusalem National Parks and Limpinwood, Numinbah and Snows Gully Nature Reserves. These amendments affect Nightcap National Park only and have been prepared cognisant of the need for complementary and integrated management of Nightcap National Park with the adjacent, more recently reserved, Whian Whian State Conservation Area.
- 1 September 2010
- Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
These amendments should be read in conjunction with the Parks and Reserves of the Tweed Caldera Plan of Management (2004).
The amendments consist of four sections:
- Amendment A: changes the designation of some management trails in the park
- Amendment B: changes and clarifies the trails available for horse riding
- Amendment C: updates the plan to recognise closure of an informal hiking track to the top of Tuntable Falls
- Amendment D: includes changes to reflect the gazettal of the adjoining Whian Whian State Conservation Area (SCA), preparation of a separate plan of management for the SCA and other minor editorials.
Photo: Protestor's Falls, Nightcap National Park / John Spencer/OEH