Our vision is for a thriving, sustainable and resilient NSW.
Environment, Energy and Science (EES) works with communities, businesses, and governments to protect, preserve and strengthen the quality of our natural environment. We do this through active stewardship that supports a healthy NSW while securing an affordable, reliable and sustainable energy future.
We're committed to creating thriving environments, communities and economies that benefit the people of New South Wales.
What we do
EES is responsible for delivering the state outcome ‘connecting communities to resilient and sustainable energy and local environments’. We deliver this by collaborating across a range of functions including national park management; biodiversity, conservation and science; climate change, sustainability, resilience and adaptation; renewable energy, and energy security.
The EES Coordinator-General, Dr Paul Grimes, is a member of the Department’s leadership team.
The EES leadership team
Energy, Climate Change & Sustainability
- Deputy Secretary, Energy, Climate Change & Sustainability: James Hay
- Executive Director, Strategy and Implementation: Liam Ryan
- Executive Director, Climate Change and Sustainability: Dr Kate Wilson
- Executive Director, Energy: Andrew Lewis
Energy Corporation of NSW
- Chief Executive, Energy Corporation of NSW: James Hay
- Executive Director, Commercial: Alexandra Finley
- Executive Director, Planning and Communities: Mike Young
- Executive Director, Technical Advisory Services: Andrew Kingsmill
National Parks & Wildlife Service
- Deputy Secretary, National Parks & Wildlife Service: Atticus Fleming
- Executive Director, Business Delivery: Andrew Nicholls
- Executive Director, Park Operations: Naomi Stephens
- Executive Director, Park Programs: Robert Quirk
Biodiversity, Conservation & Science
- Deputy Secretary, Biodiversity, Conservation & Science: Dean Knudson
- Executive Director, Biodiversity and Conservation: Sharon Molloy
- Executive Director, Biodiversity and Conservation: Michelle Dumazel
- Executive Director, Science, Economics and Insights: Dr Georgina Kelly
Office of the Coordinator-General
- Executive Director, Office of the Coordinator-General: Brendan Bruce
EES also supports a number of statutory authorities.
For more information about our structure: EES Group Senior Executive Structure chart (PDF 120KB)
For more information about the Department: visit Planning, Industry and Environment.