This website contains information, data, documents, pages and images (“the material”) prepared by the NSW Government Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (the department) and third parties.
The State of New South Wales, operating through the department, supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of publicly funded information and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL).
Unless otherwise stated, all department material available on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Terms and conditions of the licence can be viewed at Creative Commons.
Please give attribution in this form:
© State of New South Wales (Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water) [year of publication] unless indicated otherwise.
We also request that you observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material as part of the attribution.
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence
The Creative Commons licence does not apply to:
- the State’s Coat of Arms, New South Wales Government logo, department logo, and any other trademarks, symbols, logos and brands of the State of NSW or any department or agency of the State (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under Creative Commons licence)
- personal information (eg photographs of people released for use in department publishing and social media only)
- intellectual property (including copyright) owned by third parties which may include photographs, illustrations, drawings, plans, artwork and maps (note such material may not be expressly identified)
- court judgements
Crown copyright information and permission
Send enquiries about Crown copyright or use of NSW State Arms, Symbols or Emblems (other than as permitted by the Creative Commons licence) to the Department of Justice - Ministerial and Parliamentary Services unit, Locked Bag 5111, Parramatta NSW 2124.
Use of brands
As use of Department-owned trademarks, logos and brands often implies endorsement, these can't be used without the express permission of the organisation.
To request permission, contact the Manager, Content, Brand and Design.
Links from our website
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on the site with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. The department has no control over linked sites, and therefore:
- we can't accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information appearing on linked sites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that we endorse those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
Linking to our website
If you plan to create a link to this website, please note these conditions:
- Links must be to the homepage or other high level page
- Logos, emblems and trademarks of the State of NSW and/or the department and its cluster agencies must not be used for web linking purposes.
- The website should be opened in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement of your organisation, services or products by the State of NSW and/or the department or its cluster agencies.
- You must not pass off content from this website as your own. This includes copying or re-using parts of the website (see our Copyright notice above).
While website material has been created with all due care, the department does not warrant or represent that the material is free from errors or omission, or that it is exhaustive.
Because the material is designed to promote the free exchange of information only, the department cannot and does not make any claim as to the accuracy, authenticity, currency, completeness, reliability or suitability of any material, especially material supplied by third parties or linked to third-party sites.
The material is provided on the basis that you are responsible for assessing the relevance of its content.
The department will not accept liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the material on this site or any linked sites.
Please also note the material may change without notice and you should use the current material from this site and not rely on material previously printed or stored by you.
Bearing in mind the importance of freedom of expression to our democratic society, the NSW Government does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at any linked sites. Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from the NSW Government site to any particular third-party site as a criticism or comment by the NSW Government on the provider or content of that site.