Annual compliance report 2017: Ecological Thinning Trial in New South Wales River Red Gum Forests

The 2017 Annual Compliance Report, Ecological Thinning Trial in New South Wales River Red Gum Forests (EPBC 2013/6713), shows how the Office of Environment and Heritage has complied with the conditions of approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) when conducting ecological thinning trials within River Red Gum parks in southern NSW.

Date
20 June 2017
Publisher
Office of Environment and Heritage
Type
Publication, Annual report
Cost
Free
Language
English
Tags
  • ISBN 978-1-76039-802-6
  • ID OEH20170260
  • File PDF 0.5MB
  • Pages 10
  • Name ecological-thinning-trial-nsw-river-red-gum-forests-170260.pdf

This report has been prepared for the period 14 June 2016 to 13 June 2017. Approximately 250 hectares were thinned in this period. On-ground thinning works were suspended from 19 August 2016 to 1 February 2017 due to extensive flooding.

Approximately 90% of the on-ground thinning activity has been completed at this stage. The remaining 10% is scheduled to be completed by July 2017.