Native vegetation regulatory map: method statement
Made under the Local Land Services Act 2013
This map method statement describes the science and analytical process used to develop the native vegetation regulatory map (the map). The map underpins the legislative framework for native vegetation clearing in rural areas that is established under the Local Land Services Act 2013 (LLS Act).
- 1 August 2017
- Office of Environment and Heritage
The method statement describes the process that is followed to determine whether land meets the criteria under the LLS Act for:
- category 1 – exempt land (coloured blue on the map)
- category 2 – regulated land (coloured yellow on the map)
- category 2 – vulnerable regulated land (coloured orange on the map)
- category 2 – sensitive regulated land (coloured pink on the map)
- land that is excluded from the native vegetation regulatory framework (coloured grey on the map).
The native vegetation regulatory map method statement appendices are also available.