Volume 1 of this master plan describes long-term directions for the site's development. Key objectives are to:
- provide strategic direction based on the plan of management for future management of the park, including long-term conservation and landscape management outcomes
- identify broad-scale conservation, use, linkages, services, infrastructure and access zones across the park
- identify key access points, connections and circulation routes
- identify appropriate levels of access and visitor facilities across the park.
This master plan is available in 3 volumes, the 2 other volumes are:
- Wianamatta Regional Park Volume 2: Conservation Management Plan
- Wianamatta Regional Park Volume 3: Park Master Plan.