The heritage online library is a resource to assist property owners, government and industry professionals. It holds over 13,000 items including books, reports, conservation management plans, archaeological reports, heritage studies, thematic histories and more.
We keep electronic records of all documents received for development proposals. Not all of these documents are held in the online library due to issues such as sensitivity of information, property owner privacy, intellectual property and copyright.
If you’re looking for a document that isn't available or wish to add an item to the online library, send us an email with the following information:
We will respond to you within 10 business days.
Other useful libraries
There are many other libraries in NSW which also hold information and resources about heritage. Contact them to find out about online catalogues and opening hours, for example:
- State Library of NSW and Mitchell Library
- Local council libraries
- Caroline Simpson Library and Research Collection (Sydney Living Museums)
- Powerhouse Museum Archives (Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences)
- Vaughan Evans Library (Australian National Maritime Museum)
- The National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Royal Australian Historical Society library
- University of Sydney Archaeology online
- City of Sydney Archives
- Parramatta Heritage Centre (City of Parramatta)