We help monitor, manage and assess the ecological condition of our water and coastal environments. This includes the marine environment, coasts and estuaries, floodplains and wetlands.
Through this work we:
- protect and enhance freshwater and marine environments
- support biodiversity, local communities and economies
- help manage environmental water and monitor the responses of plants and animals to water flows
- assess the health of estuaries and waterways to help reduce impacts of development and land use on the environment
- deliver state-wide coastal monitoring and mapping data
- support decision makers to assess and mitigate the risk of floods, coastal erosion and a changing climate.