Please report suspected unlawful native vegetation clearing to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment. You can contact Environment Line on 13 15 55 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The more information you can provide, the better. All information will be recorded and used to guide future compliance programs which can include education and extension, audit and enforcement. Any information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Before contacting the Environment Line, try to collect the following information in a safe and lawful manner.
Be sure to keep your notes after contacting the Environment Line in case we need to contact you to clarify the information.
What information should you provide?
- What have you observed precisely?
- Is it native vegetation that has been cleared?
- Do you know what species/type of vegetation has been cleared?
- What is being done with the cleared vegetation? Is it being stockpiled/burnt/chipped/split to logs etc?
- How much land has been cleared?
- Are you aware of any native animals being harmed by the clearing?
- Are you aware if the clearing relates to threatened plant or animal species or their habitat?
- Is it on steep land?
- Are there any rivers or watercourses in the area being cleared?
Where did the incident occur?
- Where is the clearing?
- Do you have an address/GPS co-ordinates/Lot and DP information?
- Is the land regulated under Part 5A Local Land Services Amendment Act. See the Native Vegetation Regulatory Map.
- Who was involved?
- Do you know who the owner or occupier of the property is?
- Do you know who is undertaking the clearing? Or whether it is a contractor?
- Can you provide a description of all parties involved in the incident (if possible) – e.g. male or female, age, hair colour, olive skin, etc.
- What sort of equipment is being used to clear?
- Have you spoken to the person doing the clearing? if so, what did they say?
When did the incident occur?
- When did the clearing happen?
- Is the clearing continuing now?
- How long did the clearing take?