- A transitional Native Vegetation Regulatory map covering New South Wales was published online in 2017 to protect areas with the greatest environmental value.
- The transitional map displays category 2 – vulnerable regulated land and category 2 – sensitive regulated land described in the Local Land Services Act 2013. It can be used to check if there is sensitive or vulnerable land mapping on your property. Restrictions apply to clearing of vegetation in these areas.
- Landholders can seek a free review of the transitional map as it relates to their land. The review will normally be completed in 40 days.
- A draft Native Vegetation Regulatory map is also available to landholders in some local government areas within the Riverina, Murray and South East regions of the State. A draft map for other areas of New South Wales will be released in stages. If you live outside the areas where the draft map has been published and would like to be notified when the draft map becomes available in your area, send us an enquiry.
Areas where the transitional map applies
The transitional Native Vegetation Regulatory map is available to all landholders across New South Wales. The transitional map, published in 2017, displays vulnerable and sensitive regulated land and legally restricts land clearing in those areas. A limited range of allowable activities are permitted in these mapped areas. The transitional map remains in place statewide. You can request a free review of the transitional Native Vegetation Regulatory map at any time.There are 4 different colours you might see on your map:
- category 2-vulnerable regulated land is land where clearing of native vegetation may be limited under the Land Management (Native Vegetation) Code 2018, and a limited range of allowable activities are permitted.
- category 2-sensitive regulated land is land where clearing is not permitted under the Land Management Code (Native Vegetation) Code 2018, and a limited range of allowable activities is permitted.
- Excluded land is land where the Land Management (Native Vegetation) Code 2018 and allowable activities do not apply.
- land where vulnerable and sensitive regulated mapping overlaps is displayed as brown.
Each land category is determined by various criteria as outlined in the Local Land Services Act 2013.