Development and clearing activities are regulated by legislation and other instruments.
Acts, regulations and policy include:
- Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016
- Biodiversity Conservation Regulation 2017
- Biodiversity Conservation (Savings and Transitional) Regulation 2017
- Local Land Services Act 2013
- Local Land Services Regulation 2014
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017
Legislation repealed to make the new Acts includes:
- Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995
- Native Vegetation Act 2003
- Nature Conservation Trust Act 2001
- Parts of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974
More information about the biodiversity legislation reform process.