The Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) Grants Program has 5 streams:
- Organics Processing Infrastructure (this page)
- Business Organics Recycling
- Food Donation
- Product Quality
- Transfer Stations
The Home Composting stream is no longer offered.
The Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) Grants Program is delivered through a partnership between the NSW Environmental Trust and the Energy, Climate Change and Sustainability Division (ECCS, formerly EPA) of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment as part of the Waste Less, Recycle More initiative.
The Organics Processing Infrastructure stream aims to improve the processing capacity for source separated food and garden organics collected from households and commercial and industrial businesses across NSW to divert waste that would previously have gone to landfill.
Grants of between $25,000 and $3 million were available to cover up to 50% of a project’s capital costs.
Who can apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- businesses experienced in waste management or organics processing
- NSW local councils or groups of these councils
- organisations controlled by local government or deemed to have a local-government function.
When can applications be made?
This program is closed.