The Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) Grants Program has the following 5 streams:
- Organics Processing Infrastructure (this stream)
- Business Organics Recycling
- Food Donation
- Product Quality
- Transfer Stations
The Home Composting stream is no longer offered.
The Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) Grants Program is delivered through a partnership between the NSW Environmental Trust and the NSW Environment Protection Authority as part of the Waste Less, Recycle More initiative.
The Organics Processing Infrastructure stream aims to improve processing capacity for source separated food and garden organics collected from households and commercial and industrial businesses across New South Wales to divert waste that would previously have gone to landfill.
Grants of between $25,000 and $2 million are available to:
- build or expand processing infrastructure for source separated organics, including source separated food, garden or combined food and garden organics from households and businesses
- upgrade existing alternative waste treatment (AWT) facilities to process source separated food, garden or combined food and garden organics from households and businesses.
Grants will cover up to 50% of detailed design costs and capital costs for equipment.
Who can apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- operators of the 5 existing NSW alternative waste treatment facilities
- NSW local councils
- groups of NSW councils
When can applications be made?
This program is now open to applications.
Business case advisory service
The NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) provides a free business case advisory service to support eligible applicants to prepare their grant applications. This service is provided by an independent contractor. Under the business case advisory service the EPA provides up to 16 hours of support to eligible prospective applicants.
For further information about the advisory service, please refer to the guidelines for applicants. To apply you must submit the advisory service application form to the EPA by 5pm Thursday, 14 October 2021.