Public registers that list information about threatened species habitat and actions that involve or impact threatened species are required by the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
The registers are:
- Register of declared areas of outstanding biodiversity value – contains maps and information on habitat critical to the survival of specific threatened species.
- Register of threatened species licences – provides details about licences granted for actions that may impact threatened species.
- Register of biodiversity certifications – provides details on the areas subject to Biodiversity Certification.
- Register of biodiversity conservation strategies - provided by the Saving our Species database. This register gives details of biodiversity conservation strategies included in the Biodiversity Conservation Program (BCP) in relation to each threatened species or ecological community listed in the schedules of the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2011–August 2017)
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2009–2010)
- Register of section 91 licences (archive 2005–2008)
- BioBanking public register – contains details of agreements established and transactions involved in ‘banking’ biodiversity offsets and credits.