The NSW Government has allocated $20 million to purchase and permanently conserve land in the national park system that contains priority koala habitat.
Landholders interested in selling a property to National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) are encouraged to lodge an expression of interest. Other options are also available to landholders interested in protecting koala habitat on their land.
You may be able to sell your property to NPWS
As a landholder (titleholder), you can lodge an expression of interest by contacting the Reserve Establishment Team by:
- email at OEH.ReserveEstablishment@environment.nsw.gov.au
- post to
Reserve Establishment Team
Locked Bag 5022
Parramatta NSW 2124
Your expression of interest or offer should include the following information:
- your contact details (at least an address and contact number or email)
- the location and description of the land (Lot and DP numbers) or a map
- an asking price for land (if known)
- conditions associated with the offer of sale (if applicable)
- why you think your land is important for koalas.