If your filming or photography is specifically for travel or lifestyle promotion, has a low environmental impact and provides significant benefit to National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) through the promotion of parks and its values, then your application will be considered under the travel and lifestyle filming and photography application type. Travel and lifestyle filming applications may not incur an application fee if the application is deemed eligible by NPWS.
To be eligible under the travel and lifestyle filming and photography application process, you will be required to undertake filming or photography specifically for travel or lifestyle purposes that directly promote NSW national parks. Additionally, you must include at least 3 of the below criteria in your filming or photography project/program, including:
- NPWS logo in credit
- the national park(s) name in supers or voiceover
- location within the park(s) in supers or voiceover
- image of national park signage with park name or attraction (e.g. lookout)
- national park URL link – nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
- NPWS Ranger in uniform (where suitable and approved)
- promotion of the NSW National Parks app
- credit NPWS by @NSWNationalParks (Facebook) and/or @nswnationalparks & #NSWParks (Instagram).
Applications must be submitted at least 7 full working days before the first shoot date. Incomplete applications, incorrect documents or applications received outside of the minimum lead time may be declined.
Your application will be reviewed and processed, and we will notify you of the result of your application. An agreement will be issued to you which authorises your activities and includes all conditions relating to the filming or photography.
You may still be required to pay a security deposit or any applicable supervision fees upon approval of the application.
If your filming or photography meets the criteria to be considered under travel and lifestyle, please complete our online application form (PDF 515KB) and select travel and lifestyle under the ‘type of filming application’.