Filming and photography licences

We recognise the important role played by film in attracting visitors to parks, as well as the important economic contribution that the film industry makes to the State of NSW.

Commercial filming in parks requires approval. We will usually issue an approval under the Filming Approval Act 2004 (FA Act). When considering applications to film, we take into account:

  • environmental impacts the filming may have
  • the benefits the filming may bring to parks, the public and the State of NSW in general.

If you would like to use a national park or reserve for commercial filming or photography:

You must apply at least 7 business days before you would like to start filming. Higher fees are payable for applications submitted in less than this time.

We keep a public register of filming approvals.