The Aboriginal Tourism Development Program (ATDP) supports the establishment and ongoing operation of sustainable Aboriginal owned and operated tourism experiences. It does this through a collaborative business development approach with Aboriginal communities and individuals.
The program is designed to:
- increase the awareness, understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal culture in NSW
- increase opportunities for economic development and employment for Aboriginal people and communities
- increase the number of NPWS-licensed, Aboriginal-owned commercial tourism businesses
- increase visitor participation in Aboriginal tourism experiences in NSW national parks.
What activities does the program offer?
Under the Aboriginal tourism development program, we:
- deliver community workshops
- facilitate networking and partnership opportunities
- provide ongoing mentoring and support
- develop and distribute tourism and business development resources.