These public registers support the broad principle of ensuring, where possible, that the NSW Government’s decisions are publicly available and transparent.
Registers under the Biodiversity Conservation Act
These public registers are maintained by the Department of Planning and Environment – Environment, Energy and Science under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act), which commenced on 25 August 2017.
Registers under the National Parks and Wildlife Act
Public registers under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 (NPW Act) provide information related to Aboriginal places and other regulatory functions. The Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act) replaced some of the NPW Act functions.
Information about property vegetation plans (PVPs) approved under the repealed Native Vegetation Act 2003 is contained in the native vegetation public register. This includes:
- information relating to the approval of broadscale clearing of native vegetation
- information specifying a date for the definition of regrowth
- information about PVPs and development consents that approve broadscale clearing where Local Land Service discretion has been exercised
- information on clearing of native vegetation for essential local government infrastructure
- information on approved increases to infrastructure RAMA buffer distances.
The Native Vegetation Act 2003 was repealed on 25 August 2017. These public registers continue to be updated to reflect changes to existing PVPs.
Under the Wilderness Act, OEH is responsible for the investigation, protection and management of wilderness areas in New South Wales. The public register of wilderness protection agreements includes land tenure information as required by section 14 of the Wilderness Act 1987. The register is open for public inspection during business hours.
For further information email: email@example.com.
This register provides basic details about NPWS filming approvals since 16 July 2004. For more information about a particular filming approval, contact local NPWS staff - click on the relevant park or reserve for contact details.