This program is now open for applications, closing 5pm, 8 November 2021.
The Environmental Education program supports projects that develop, broaden and transform the community's knowledge, skills, and intrinsic motivation to undertake sustainable behaviour and encourage participation in protecting the environment.
Program proposals are expected to incorporate the following elements:
- environmental benefit
- community need
- transformative learning leading to behaviour change
- evaluation and dissemination.
Applications to the 2021–22 Environmental Education program are expected to address one or both of the following two immediate funding priorities from the NSW Environmental Trust Strategic Plan 2020–24:
- addressing climate change impacts on the natural environment – both mitigation and adaptation
- supporting threatened species recovery.
Further information on the NSW Environmental Trust Strategic Plan 2020-24 is available.
Two funding tiers were available for Environmental Education projects in 2021–22.
|Total allocation for the 2021–22 round||Funding Tier||Funding amount per project||Project timeframe|
|$1,000,000||1||up to $60,000||2-3 years|
|2||from $60,001 to $250,000||3-5 years|
For more information on the funding tiers and the types of activities and outcomes expected for each, please refer to the program guidelines below.
Who can apply?
- Community organisations
- Community groups
- Incorporated associations
- Incorporated non-profit organisations
- Local councils
- Local Land Services
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- Non-commercial cooperatives
- Other local government-controlled organisations
- Regional organisations of councils
- Registered NSW Aboriginal Corporations
- State government agencies and/or statutory committees
When can applications be made?
Environmental Education grants for 2021–22 are now open for applications, closing 5pm Monday 8 November 2021.