This program is currently closed for applications.
Successful applications for the 2019 round have been announced.
The Environmental Education program supports projects that develop, broaden and transform the community's knowledge, skills, and intrinsic motivation to undertake sustainable behaviour and encourage participation in protecting the environment.
Program proposals are expected to incorporate the following elements:
- environmental benefit
- community need
- transformative learning leading to behaviour change
- evaluation and dissemination.
The Environmental Education program underwent an evaluation in 2017/18. A series of recommendations are progressively being incorporated into the program by the Environmental Trust. More information on the evaluation is provided below.
From 2019, the Environmental Education Program will be delivered through two funding tiers. Each tier is designed to fund projects with differing scales and complexities.
|Funding Tier||Total annual allocation for the 2019 round||Funding amount per project||Project timeframe|
up to $60,000
from $60,001 to $250,000
For more information on the funding tiers and the types of activities and outcomes expected for each, please refer to the relevant Tier program guidelines below.
Who can apply?
- Community organisations
- Community groups
- Incorporated associations
- Incorporated non-profit organisations
- Local councils
- Local Land Services
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- Non-commercial cooperatives
- Other local government-controlled organisations
- Regional organisations of councils
- Registered NSW Aboriginal Corporations
- State government agencies and/or statutory committees
When can applications be made?
Applications for the 2019 round have now closed.