This program is designed to empower and provide opportunities for Aboriginal organisations to undertake projects that:
- contribute to ongoing sustainable management of significant Aboriginal cultural landscapes in NSW
- contribute to healthier environments and communities
- develop the project management capabilities of Aboriginal groups
- encourage new collaborations and positive relationships with other organisations, government and stakeholders.
Each project will have 2 stages:
- stage 1 – planning – 6 to 12 months
- stage 2 – implementation – 18 to 24 months.
Projects don’t automatically progress from stage 1 to stage 2. After stage 1 they are assessed against the criteria for stage 2 to see if they should progress.
See the 2018 program guidelines (PDF 559KB) for more information.
Grants of up to $60,000 are available over the 2 stages:
- planning – up to $10,000 for project planning
- implementation – up to $50,000 to complete the project works.
For each grant recipient, we will coordinate and deliver face to face workshops to two key staff at the beginning of Stage 1. These workshops will provide:
- project specific training
- mentoring and advice
- understanding of the Trust’s reporting requirements.
You don’t have to contribute matching funds but if you can you’ll be more likely to get a grant. You can make:
- financial contributions – money from your organisation or project partners
- in-kind contributions – donations of goods, services, staff time, expertise, or use of facilities or equipment.
Types of activities funded
The 2018 program guidelines (PDF 559KB) explain what we’ll fund.
Different activities are eligible in each stage – planning and implementation. No on-ground works will be funded during the Planning stage.
In the planning stage of the project, we can help you:
- identify your project key stakeholders
- determine what permits, licenses, approvals you may need
- prepare a project implementation plan (which includes how to monitor and evaluate your project).
We can provide:
- project management and training developed specific to your project
- support to help you develop your project implementation plan
- access to online tools, resources and support for continued help over 12 months
- periodic project management support and advice over the life of the project.
At any time during the project you can ask us for advice about managing the project.