Applications for the 2020-21 round are now closed.
To assist community and government organisations to contribute to the ongoing sustainable management and stewardship of significant environmental assets and services in NSW.
Applications to the 2020-21 Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation program were required to address at a practical level, how their project will contribute to the delivery of either one or both of the following two immediate funding priorities from the NSW Environmental Trust Strategic Plan 2020-24:
- supporting threatened species recovery
- addressing climate change impacts on the natural environment – both mitigation and adaptation.
Please see the NSW Environmental Trust Strategic Plan 2020-24 for further information about the new priorities.
Two funding streams were available for Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation projects in 2020-21.
|Funding stream||Total annual allocation for the 2020-21 round||Funding amount per project||Project timeframe|
|Stream 1 – New Entrants||$1,000,000||up to $115,000||2-3 years|
|Stream 2 – Experienced||$3,000,000||Up to $170,000||3-4 years|
Who can apply?
- community groups and organisations
- incorporated associations
- non-profit organisations
- non-commercial cooperatives
- local councils
- state government agencies and entities.