The Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (the Scheme) applies to a range of development and clearing activities in NSW.
Under the Scheme, developers must assess the impacts of their proposed development on biodiversity and may be required to offset any unavoidable impacts by retiring biodiversity credits.
The resources on this page provide developers with information about the Scheme and when it applies, types of biodiversity credits and the credit trading framework, and links to relevant tools and market information.
Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and clarity of the information provided. However, you should exercise judgment when using this information and consider obtaining expert advice.
The Scheme and offset requirements
- When does the Scheme apply?
- What are biodiversity credits?
- Credit obligations
- Offset trading groups
- Offset rules
- Payment to the Biodiversity Conservation Fund
- Total Fund Deposit
Find and price credits
- Find biodiversity credits to meet your offset obligation
- Market information sources
- Offsets payment calculator and market data
- Biodiversity Conservation Fund charge system