This report provides some context for the natural and Aboriginal cultural values that led to the inscription of the Willandra Lakes Region on the World Heritage List in 1981 and where these values interface with historic values. It does not revisit Aboriginal cultural heritage of the site, but focuses on the many decades of farming and associated historic values and resources and provides policy for the future management of these.
Volume 3: Appendices
- Appendix A: Project brief (PDF 293KB)
- Appendix B: Listing cards for the State Heritage Register, Register of the National Estate (Australian Heritage Commission), World Heritage Listing (Environment Australia) (PDF 4.7MB)
- Appendix C: Resource list and bibliography (PDF 97KB)
- Appendix D: Mungo National Park annotated photographic collection (PDF 18.9MB)
- Appendix E: Joseph William Vigar family tree, historical notes and poetry from the Barnes and Stirrat families, supplied by Colleen Barnes (PDF 3.8MB)
- Appendix F: Regional cultural tourism information (PDF 479KB)
- Appendix G: Visitor facilities map, drive tour and walking track audit (PDF 203KB)
- Appendix H: Interviews with tourist information centres and tour operators (PDF 87KB)
- Appendix I: Historic maps and plans of Mungo National Park (PDF 1.1MB)
- Appendix J: NPWS guidelines for approvals: cultural heritage places, buildings, landscapes and movable heritage items on NPWS estate (PDF 82KB)
Visit World Heritage Mungo National Park in far west NSW.