About us

About us

How to access personal information

What to do

  1. Identify what information or which document you would like to see. Would OEH hold the documents or information that you want?
  2. Contact the PIA team on (02) 9995 5266 or at pia@environment.nsw.gov.au if you would like help with your request.
  3. Submit your request through an Application form to access personal information (PDF 60KB) or in a letter. Provide as much information as possible about the documents you wish to access, and be as specific as possible.
  4. Post or deliver your application.

How your application will be processed

We will generally process your application within 20 working days of receipt. It may take longer for requests for large amounts of information. If we have any difficulties processing the application, we will contact you to clarify any issues or explain why there may be delays.

We will let you know whether we have personal information about you and whether we will grant your request. You have the right to request a review or lodge a complaint with OEH if we refuse to give you access to your personal information.

Accessing information through the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act)

In some cases, a GIPA application may be more appropriate and you will be advised if this is the case. To access information through the GIPA Act, download a GIPA Access Application Form (PDF 25KB).

More information

What you can do if OEH refuses to give you access to your personal information

How to change your personal information

Requesting a review or lodging a complaint with OEH

Page last updated: 24 September 2018