Information stored in the database
The Saving our Species (SoS) database:
- stores strategies for each NSW threatened species, ecological community, and priority key threatening processes
- enables access to information about SoS strategies in your local area that you can support
- stores monitoring data for reporting on strategy implementation and effectiveness, and for evaluating the program.
Strategies will be developed within two years of any new species or ecological community listing, and will appear on the SoS database register. Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) will seek public input when a new strategy is developed, and when a strategy is changed.
Using the database
Anyone can search your local area in the database for a:
- species of interest
- conservation project
Search for Saving our Species strategies
Access for individuals involved in conservation work
Land managers, researchers, conservation group project managers and others involved in conservation work can apply for a database login to:
- access more detailed information on management and monitoring actions
- report on action implementation and outcomes.